Can't find Klok data file

General Discussion and Support area for Klok users.
christineu
antispam: NO
Please Enter the Middle Number (5): 5

Can't find Klok data file

Postby christineu » Mon Jun 01, 2015 4:54 pm

Hello:
I'm in the process of switching to a new Mac. I read on the Klok site that the data file could be transferred from one computer to another. I looked in the place it's supposed to be stored on my old Mac (user/Library/Preferences/Klok2.DD7F2188B985C2439837C76B42A187050457E61B.1/Local Store/klok.dat), but it isn't there. Those location directions are only for OS 10.4x/10.5x--has it moved to a different place on Yosemite, or does it have a different name? The app works fine on both machines, but I searched all over, and couldn't find the data file on the old machine that's accessing it. Both my machines are using Yosemite (OS 10.10.1).

thanks!

christineu

Re: Can't find Klok data file

Postby christineu » Mon Jun 01, 2015 6:20 pm

Update: I finally figured it out. I found a Klok folder in a Library<Preferences folder that was hidden on my old machine. I reinstalled my Klok from the website on the new machine, because trying to change its data file crashed it earlier. Then I replaced the new "klok.db" file with the old one, and now the app reads my old project folders.

For anyone else having this problem, I found the file here (Mac OS 10.10.1 [Yosemite]):
Macintosh HD
<Users
<YourUserName
<Library[folder may be hidden--you can show it in your finder "View" options]
<Preferences
<Klok2 [may have a long number string after]
<Local Store
<klok.db

christineu

Re: Can't find Klok data file